A famous greek tart …
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 tea cup sunflower oil
- 3 1/2 tea cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teach cups sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 8 table spoons cognac (brandy)
- 1 1/2 tea spoon Baking powder
- 1 table spoon of Lemon peel/zest
- 8 table spoons of Orange fresh juice
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 tea cups of marmalade/jam of your choice
- 1/2 cup of peeled Almonds
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and sunflower oil and add the orange juice, brandy, zest, salt and flour (sift it first), mix them all together and knead until you have a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Grease a tart pan or a round pan and use one piece of dough, spread it to take the form of the tart pan, pierce it with a fork everywhere so that it won’t inflate and bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes at 180ºC until browned. Once cooked let it cool.
- Then add the jam of your choice and cover it with the other piece of dough (which we have made it have the shape of “strings”/”cords”) adding horizontally and vertically to form diamond shapes (see picture above!). Add and almonds and again put the tart in the oven to cook until browned for about 30 minutes at 180ºC.