- 250g (9 oz) blackberries, washed
- 500g (1 lb) cooking apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 25g (1 oz) soft brown sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 75g (2½ oz) porridge oats
- 50g (2 oz) plain or wholemeal flour
- 40g (1½ oz) brown sugar
- 40g (1½ oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/356°F/gas 4).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the apples and sugar, stirring over a low heat until the apples are soft. Remove from the heat, allow to cool and gently stir in the blackberries and cinnamon and place the mixture into a pie dish.
- To make the crumble, rub the oats, flour, sugar and butter together in a bowl until well mixed. Sprinkle this mixture over the fruit and bake for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.