For the dough
- Flour – 5 cups of self raising flour
- Tahini – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cup (lukewarm)
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
For the filling
- Red apples – 1 1/2 kg
- Sugar – 9 tablespoons
- Breadcrumbs – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 2-3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl put tahini and beat with wire, add the water (little by little), flour, baking powder, sugar and knead.
- We want the dough to be a little tight, wrap with cling film and cover, let it rest for 25 minutes.
- Wash and peel apples, cut into small pieces or grate. Put them in a bowl and add the honey, sugar, cinnamon, breadcrumbs and mix very well together.
- We take the dough and cut into 3 parts and roll each sheet with a rolling pin.
- Cut into strips about 10 points, put the filling, roll it up, twist it like a snail and place in greased pan.
- We continue the same until we finish all ingredients.
- Barely scratch the pieces and bake at 200ºC for about 50-55 minutes.
- Once baked and cooled sprinkle with a little icing sugar and cinnamon.