Dessert from Constantinople
- Wheat – 1 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 3 tablespoons melted in water
- Almonds – 1 cup crushed
- Golden raisins – 1 cup
- Black raisins – 3 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Dried apricots – 7 cut in pieces
- Dried figs – 7 cut in pieces
- Walnuts – 1 cup crushed
- Cloves – 2-3
- Water – about 8 cups
- Rose Water – 3 tbsp
- Pomegranate – 1 for the decoration
- From the previous night wash the wheat, soak in water until wheat is covered and let till the morning . In the morning boil until tender in that same water, adding another 8 glasses of water (it will need about 30 minutes in the cooker).
- Add the almonds, apricots, walnuts, black raisins, the golden raisins and cloves. Boil for 10 minutes and add the melted rice flour, sugar, figs and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally add rosewater, stir and remove pot from heat (depending on how thick you would like it to be).
- Fill your serving bowls and leave to cool.
- When served decorate with the extra walnuts or almonds or pomegranate and cinnamon.