- Bananas – 4
- Semolina – 300g
- Milk – 3 1/2 cups
- Butter – 70 g
- Sugar – 150 g
- Eggs – 4
- Breadcrumbs – 1 1/2 cups of tea
- Lemon – 1 1/2 tablespoon of the juice only
- Lemon – 1 teaspoon zest only
- Salt – a pinch
For the glaze:
- Couverture – 500g
- Butter – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup of tea
- Boil the milk in a saucepan with the salt, add the semolina and stir quickly to avoid lumps.
- Boil for about 15 minutes and remove the pot from the fire.
- Add the butter, lemon zest, sugar, stir well and leave to cool.
- Beat eggs slightly, add them to the mixture and stir.
- Peel the bananas, cut into strips and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Butter a baking dish or Pyrex sprinkle (cover it) with breadcrumbs and add a layer of the mixture we made, add layer of bananas, then another layer of the mixture, another layer of bananas and again another layer of the mixture.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake at 180 ºC for 60 minutes.
- Once cooked let it cool and place the cake on a platter.
- Prepare the glaze – heat the milk to a saucepan. Once warm add the chocolate (cut into pieces) and butter and mix well to prevent sticking.
- It should not be too fluid nor too thick glaze.
- Once cooled slightly pour over the cake.