For the dough:
- Oil – 1 cup
- Retsina – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Yeast – 50 g (fresh)
For the cream:
- Milk – 1 liter
- Corn flour – 5 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla – 2
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
For the filling:
- Red apples – 1 kg
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Walnuts or almonds – 3 tbsp (crushed)
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Knead the ingredients for the dough all together and let it “rest” for 15 minutes.
- Boil over half of the apples and mash, let them drain and the remaining apples clean out the skin and slice them.
- Grease a baking tray and lay the dough, pierce with a fork in a few places and on the sides using a fork make oblique lines.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 150 ºC.
- To prepare the cream, heat the milk in a saucepan and add the cornflour, mix well and then add the sugar, stir thoroughly to make a batter.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, vanilla and salt, mix all together and let it cool.
- Remove the dough from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, pour the batter of apples, along with crushed walnuts or almonds and cinnamon on top and pour the cream we’ve prepared.
- Garnish with slices of apples and cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden and apples are brown.