- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Breadcrumbs – 1 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Walnuts/Pecans – 1 1/2 cup grated
- Eggs – 8
- Cocoa – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 2 cups of tea
- Sugar – 2 cups of tea
- Cognac – 3 tablespoons (or more 🙂 )
For the glaze:
- Heavy Cream – 1 cup of tea
- Chocolate Couverture – 275 g
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl with a mixer until it gets fluffy.
- In another bowl put all the remaining ingredients, stir and add to egg mixture.
- Beat them all together and pour the mixture into a well buttered/greased mold or pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180 ºC.
- Put in a small saucepan the water along with the sugar and boil and towards the end add the brandy.
- Once the syrup has been cooked for 5 minutes, and our cake is ready and has cooled drizzle with syrup.
- For the glaze, melt the chocolate couverture over low heat and add the cream. Mix well and once the two materials have combined and the glaze is ready, start covering the cake.
- Decorate top with grated walnuts/pecans.