2 Different Version .. Choose whichever is easier for you (both versions are very tasty!!!)
- Butter – 250g
- Flour – 300g
- Sugar – 120 g
- Egg – 1
For the filling:
- Cream – 250g
- Chocolaté Couverture – 200g
- Egg – 1
- Icing sugar – 80g
- Salt – a pinch
- Cocoa – for garnish (or truffle sprinkles)
- In a glass bowl mix the flour with the sugar, add cold butter (chopped), stir and add the egg. Knead the mixture to make a dough (if necessary put a little heavy cream) and place in a buttered tart pan. Cover with parchment paper and bake at 200 ºC for 10-15 minutes.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate over low heat and once melted add the icing sugar and salt.
- Heat the heavy cream, and add the egg (beaten) slowly stir and then add it to the melted chocolate.
- Spread the cream over the baked tart (while its inside the tart pan) and was left to cool and bake in a hot oven for 25 minutes ºC at 150 ºC.
- Garnish with sifted cocoa or sprinkles.
For the tart:
- 175 g. flour
- 100 g. butter (chopped in pieces)
- 25 g. sugar
- 1 egg yold
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- a bit of cold water
For the filling:
- 375g. Chocolate with 60-70% cocoa content (chopped)
- 150 ml milk
- 225 ml heavy cream
- 3 small or 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of rum or cognac (brandy)
For the dough:
- Sieve the flour with the icing in a bowl.
- Add the butter and zest and knead with your hands to become like wet sand.
- Add the egg and a little water, 1-2 tablespoons, to bind the dough.
- We give it a spherical shape and wrap in foil.
- Let it rest and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the sheet and place it in a buttered tart pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (Tip: place a parchment paper above the dough and fill it with beans or rice and this will act as a weight on the dough to keep its shape).
- Remove weights and bake for another 5-10 minutes till browned.
- Brush the tart with a beaten egg and bake for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool and continue with the cream.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a ben mare to melt.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the mixture the beaten eggs. Mix quickly with wire.
- Strain the mixture into strainer.
- Pour in the melted chocolate.
- Add the salt and rum.
- Stir gently with a spatula until the mixture becomes homogenous, thick and polished.
- Carefully pour over the baked tart.
- Place the cake in the oven and immediately turn off the oven.
- Close the door and leave the tart in the heat of the oven for 35 minutes until the cream thickens chocolate (Do not open the door of the oven at any time).
- Once the cream is ready, remove the tart from the oven and let it cool down and reach room temperature.
- Cut it into pieces and serve.
- Alternative: You can prepare individual tarts. Roll out the dough into a thin sheet of thickness 0.5 cm and cut into 6 discs. Butter the tart pan. Spread each sheet of dough into individual tart. Spread the edges and pierce with a fork the surface and freeze.
- Bake the tart in accordance with the instructions of the basic dough recipe above.
- Then divide the filling in each tart and leave in the oven for 15-20minutes following the instructions in the recipe above.