2 different versions!
- 2 lbs. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
White Cake Ingredients
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. rum flavoring
- 3 cups. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup. sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (10 2/3 tbsp.)
Pineapple-Coconut Frosting Ingredients
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar (1 lb. box)
- 8 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 3 to 4 tbsp. milk
- 3/4 tbsp. coconut flavoring
- 3/4 tbsp. rum flavoring
- 1/4 tbsp. pineapple flavoring
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
Cheesecake Filling Recipe
- Preheat oven to 250 ºC.
- Place 2 large shallow pans filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- Prepare 2 greased 9-inch springform pans by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Divide batter between the springform pans.
- Place one cheesecake pan into each of the water baths in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 175ºC .
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes until the sides are set. The center should be slightly jiggly as it will firm up during cooling.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
White Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC . Grease two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, 1.4 cup milk, vanilla, and rum.
- Mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl.
- Slowly add the butter and remaining ¾ cup milk to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture and mix the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour half the batter into each of the prepared 9-inch pans.
- Bake cake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake layers for about 15 minutes before loosening them from the pan, then remove and cool completely.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
Pineapple-Coconut Frosting Recipe
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and flavorings in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add crushed pineapple and sweetened coconut and continue to beat, adding more milk if necessary, until frosting is at the desired consistency.
- Place frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
Assemble the Pina Colada Cheesecake
- Remove the chilled cheesecakes from the springfoam pans; Remove the white cake layers from the freezer.
- Top each layer of cake with pineapple-coconut frosting.
- If the frosting is wet due to the chopped pineapple, you may want to return the cakes to freezer for a few moment so they are easier to layer.
- Place one layer of white cake on a plate, then place one cheesecake layer on top of the white cake layer.
- Repeat with remaining white cake and cheesecake layers.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and return it to the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and cover the entire cake with a crumb-coat of cream cheese frosting to trap all loose crumbs before adding your final layer of frosting.
- Chill and serve with whipped cream.
- 1 2/3 cups dry fine sugar cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Combine first three ingredients; press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 175 ºC (350 ºF) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream and next 6 ingredients; spoon into crust.
- Bake at 175 ºC (350 ºF) for 1 hour and 20 minutes; turn oven off.
- For the topping: melt the butter; Add remaining ingredients, and saute until golden, stirring frequently
- Sprinkle cake with topping; return to oven. Leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 1 hour; then cool to room temperature on a wire rack.