Makes 1 serving of 4, four-inch pancakes, or one large pancake
- 1 scoop protein powder – any kind or flavor
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (optional for an added nutritional boost)
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 banana – mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (if your protein powder is plain)
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp low sugar syrup
- Fresh Fruits
- In a small bowl, mash half of a ripe banana and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine one scoop (or one serving listed on packaging) of protein powder, ground flaxseed, almond milk, egg whites, and cinnamon.
- Add the mashed banana and stir all ingredients together until smooth batter is created.
- If using a unflavored protein powder, pure vanilla extract can be added into the batter.
- Lightly coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray, and place on stove over medium heat.
- Pour the batter into 4 inch circles (or one gigantic pancake!).
- Flip pancakes once they start to bubble. Top with sliced almonds or almond butter or any type of fruit you like and low sugar syrup.