- 100g arborio rice
- 2.5 Tbl caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 935g of milk
- 30g / 2 Tbl unsalted butter, softened
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 60g raisins
- In a heavy-based saucepan, add the rice, sugar, salt and milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Just remember that milk boils over extremely fast once it’s heated so don’t walk away!
- Lower the heat and cook for about 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked and al dente. Remove from heat and stir through the butter. Add a little of the hot milk into the chocolate to loosen then add this to the rice pudding, stirring gently to incorporate. Fold through the raisins then serve into 8 small glasses or ramekins. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to stop a skin from forming then cool completely before refrigerating.
- To serve, bring out the rice puddings from the fridge and sit for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh berries, caramelised bananas or crushed praline or nuts.