- 500ml water
- 400g caster sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 8 cloves
- 250g dark chocolate (about 70%), chopped
- 2 clementines, halved and thickly sliced (substitute with orange)
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 x 750ml bottle of red wine (your choice) (Port / Ruby Port is a good option)
- Place the water, sugar, cocoa, spices and chocolate in a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk until it chocolate has melted and everything’s incorporated. Add clementines and rosemary and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Add the red wine and warm through gently.
- Serve warm (not hot).