- 4 sheets (or 2 large cut in half) thawed filo pastry
- 25g butter melted
- punnet of strawberries – hulled and cut lengthways in half
- 250gm mascarpone cheese
- 2 TBL caster sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberry conserve
- icing sugar
- Take a sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter and fold in half. Brush again with butter and fold again. Continue for two more folds or until you have a small, multi-layered square. Do the same with the other 3 phyllo sheets.
- Push each square into a greased large muffin pan or flan tins to form a ‘case’.
- Place a small square of baking paper in the cases and add a weight such as dried beans or rice to prevent the bottoms from rising. Alternatively you can check on the cases after 5 minutes of baking and use a teaspoon to push down the bottoms before continuing.
- Place in a preheated 190°C oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until golden. Let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing the cases onto a wired rack and letting it cool.
- Meanwhile beat the mascarpone cheese, caster sugar, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.
- After the cases have cooled, spoon some strawberry conserve on the bottom of each phyllo case and fill with mascarpone.
- Top with strawberries and dust with icing sugar.