- 250g of plain sweet biscuits processed into crumbs
- 4 Tbl of good quality cocoa powder (approx 30g), sifted
- 1 cup (approx 85g) dessicated coconut
- 1 x 395g can of sweetened condensed milk
- 20-40ml dark rum to taste (feel free to replace with your favourite spirit or liqueur)
- extra sweetened cocoa (sifted), grated chocolate or shredded coconut to roll the balls in
- Place biscuit crumbs, cocoa powder and desiccated coconut in a bowl and give it a quick stir to combine. Add condensed milk and rum and stir with wooden spoon until it comes together in a dough. Chill if it has softened.
- Roll into small balls with your hands and roll in cocoa powder or decoration of your choice. Place on a baking paper lined baking tray or plate and chill if serving on the day. If it starts to get sticky and melty as you’re rolling, wack it in the fridge to chill and firm up.
- If you are preparing these in advance, place the baking tray of formed rum balls in the freezer. When frozen, store them in an airtight container in the freezer. Apparently (don’t take my word for it because I always devour them quicksmart), these Rum Balls will store for a few weeks (perfect for a busy Christmas).
- Best eaten at room temperature.
Note: 1 Cup = 250ml and 1 Tbl = 15ml