- 60ml canola oil
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
- ½ C caster sugar
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 punnet strawberries (250g) – hulled and halved
- raw sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the muffin tin and line with cupcake papers if you wish.
- Whisk the oil, milk, egg and vanilla in a small bowl until combined.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugars, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the strawberries and give a quick stir to coat them in the flour.
- Add the liquid ingredients and lightly stir until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Divide the mixture and spoon into the muffin tins. If you desire the crusty sugar tops then sprinkle some raw sugar over the wet batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops spring back when touched and the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tins for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.