- 50g pistachios (or whatever whole nuts you prefer), plus extra for decoration
- 250g butter, softened and chopped
- 160g icing sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 2 Tbl cornflour
- 2 Tbl rice flour
- 90g ground almonds / almond meal
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) and lightly grease your baking sheets. Sift flours together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, toast pistachios until lightly browned. Roughly chop or process the toasted nuts and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Stir in the sifted flours, almond meal and chopped pistachios until combined.
- Place rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough on your baking sheets allowing a few centimetres in between each cookie to allow for spreading. With the extra nuts, press whole pistachios into the top of the mounds, then bake for around 25 minutes or until firm.
- Rest cookies for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving if you wish.
Makes about 40 cookies.