Do not over bake and do not over mix the dry and wet ingredients together. This will ensure a moist and tender crumb within the muffin.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
- Whisk or sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat bananas, peanut butter and both sugars in a large bowl.
- Continue mixing thoroughly with electric mixer until light and fluffy: add egg, vanilla and butter.
- Fold in gently, the flour mixture and the chocolate chips and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven.
- Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins are done they spring back once lightly pressed with finger or the back of a wooden spoon.