- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream (I used regular)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used light)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Mix flour, sugar, and butter with a pastry cutter or in a food processor to make a crumbly mixture. Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs for topping.
- Combine remaining crumbs with baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, and 1 egg. Mix until mostly smooth. Spread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Pour over the batter in the pan and spread in an even layer. Spoon the jam over the cream cheese layer and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
If your raspberry jam is too thick to spread, thin it out with a few tablespoons of water until it’s easily spreadable. This is lovely when cake is fresh out of the oven but even more after it’s cooled down for a little bit