Chocolate Orange Pie
- Chocolate Cracker Crust (recipe below)
- Orange Curd (recipe below)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
Pour orange curd into cracker crust. Top edges with mini chocolate chips. Cover and chill to set before eating.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 whole chocolate digestive crackers, crumbled
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor. Pulse until uniform in texture.
- Pour into nine inch baking dish and push down onto the bottom of the dish and work onto sides of the dish, creating a one inch tall layer about a quarter of an inch thick all around the sides of the dish. Bake in preheated oven for eight to ten minutes. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces, room temperature
- In a medium metal bowl, whisk together: sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, and orange peel. Add butter; set bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk constantly until curd thickens and instant-read thermometer inserted into curd registers 80°C, about 12 minutes (Don’t boil it). Remove bowl from over water. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of curd; chill at least 1 day and up to 3 days.