makes about 18 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 165C. Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed. Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms – it will look crumbly at first, but it will come together. I even used my hands to bring it all together. If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk, but I did not need this. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a ball the size of a golfball. Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let cool completely then dig in!