- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 1 15-ounce box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a large mixing bowl. Pour mixture into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over top and pour melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 1½ hours or until the middle is set.
If you notice the top is browning more than you want during baking, just cover the pan with foil, making a tent shape so that the foil doesn’t touch the topping.This time, I just used a regular cake mix (not one with pudding) and it was still delicious!