- 3 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips or chocolate bar, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup liqueur of choice (or rum)
- chocolate candy coating (or almond bark) for dipping
- Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix well until a “dough” forms.
- Freeze dough for 30 minutes, or until hard enough to form balls. Break off small pieces and roll between your palms until you have lots of small truffle-sized balls. Re-freeze until ready to dip.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler. Dip each frozen ball in the chocolate. Set to dry on wax paper.
Liqueur suggestions: Bailey’s, Kahlua, rum, or bourbon. Mix it up by using white or dark chocolate! or dark chocolate chips – yum!