- 1 cup flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 cup bread flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons butter, chilled
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- chocolate pieces and marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a 9×9 inch glass baking pan. Use a food processor to pulse the rolled oats into a powder/flour. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, oat powder, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Cut in the butter and mix with your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. (I used the food processor again for this – I just cut up the butter into small pieces and processed both the flour and butter pieces together for about 15 seconds.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Add this mix to the large bowl and bring together until just combined. Knead it together for a minute or so. It will be extremely sticky – add a little more flour to the batter, or coat your hands heavily with flour, or use a strong wooden spoon to avoid batter all over your fingers!
- Plop dough ball into baking pan and press until evenly distributed. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean (but middle should be somewhat sticky, not over-dry). I baked mine for about 15 minutes and they were underdone. However, when refrigerated for a few hours, they set up nicely, similar to a blondie.
- After refrigerating for a few hours, cut the graham bars and top each one with a few pieces of chocolate and one marshmallow. Broil (I used the “high broil” setting on my oven) for about 3 minutes, checking back frequently so you don’t burn the marshmallows. When just slightly golden brown, remove from the oven and enjoy!