- All Purpose Flour – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ⅔ cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – ½ cup (divided)
- Baking Powder – 1½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Low Fat 1% Milk – ½ cup
- Canola Oil – 3 tbsp
- Brown Sugar – ⅔ cup
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips – ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Hot Water – 1¼ cups
- Boil 2 cups of water. Grease ramekins or baking dish.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir until mixed. (If you are making this in a large dish, you can do it right in the greased baking dish!)
- Add milk and oil. Mix until well combined and spread out. If using ramekins, pour the batter into the ramekins.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Add vanilla to hot water. Pour over the top of the batter and DO NOT MIX. It will look gross, but it will not taste gross when it’s all said and done.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes if using a baking dish; about 15 if using ramekins.