Makes 16 Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving extra for overhang; set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt. Whisk together until melted and combined; remove from the heat and set aside to begin cooling.
- While the butter mixture is still a bit warm, add the eggs and vanilla. Stir together until the batter becomes thick and glossy. Mix in the flour and stir until combined. Fold in the cherries.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with small crumbs clinging to it, 33-35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack. Remove the brownies from the pan by grasping the edges of the parchment paper, and cut into 16 squares. Wrap the bars individually with waxed or parchment paper or plastic wrap, seal with tape, and pack in a zipper-top plastic bag or other container. Alternatively, layer unwrapped bars in an airtight container, separating the layers with waxed or parchment paper.