Makes 8 Scones
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 6 oz container of Light Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix lightly with a whisk. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or your hands to mix in the butter to make a coarse meal. Add the cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the yogurt and heavy cream and mix just until the dough begins to come together. Turn out onto a lightly floured board or counter. Pat the mixture together to make an 8 inch circle. Use a bench scraper or long knife and cut into 8 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until the scones are lightly browned and a tester comes out clean. Cool slightly and devour.