- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red gel food coloring, such as Wilton
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 – 4 tablespoons milk
- Red sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Spray a donut baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl or batter bowl, add the flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until fluffy with a whisk.
- Add the milk, eggs, food coloring and olive oil and mix until just combined.
- Carefully pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the tops are no longer tacky.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.
- For Icing:
- Combine all ingredients for icing in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in-between heating.
- Heat until cream cheese melts and frosting is a runny consistency.
- Add additional milk if frosting becomes too thick.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the icing and sprinkle with candy sprinkles of your choice.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.