- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees . Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt by either whisking them together in a small bowl or shaking it through a sieve. Set aside.
- Place room temperature butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add melted & cooled butter and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix on low (pulsing at first if you’re using a stand mixer) until dry ingredients are just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop a level 1/4 cup of dough. Using a small silicone spatula, scrape dough out onto parchment lined baking sheet and pat a little to get it back into a sort of ball shape. Leave about 2.5 inches between dough mounds.
- Bake cookies at 190 degrees for about 16-17 minutes, or until edges are set. Remove from oven and slide parchment with cookies onto a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool.
Makes about 11 4″ cookies.