- 24 Oreo cookies, creme filling scraped out
- 1/4 cup melted butter (preferably salted butter)
- 2 28oz. conatiners of Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream (or half gallon of other ice cream)
- hot fudge sauce (recipe below)
- sweetened whipped cream
- chopped salted almonds
- Pulverise the Oreo cookie wafers in a large zip top bag or in a food processor. Add melted butter to bag or food processor and completely mix the cookie crumbs with the butter.
- Press cookie/butter mixture into a 9-inch pie pan–bottom and sides. Press in pretty firmly so it will hold up to cutting later. Set crust aside.
- Soften the ice cream by letting it set on the counter for about 20 minutes (maybe longer depending on how hard it is when you start). When ice cream is soft enough to scoop out easily, scoop it in large chunks into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until ice cream is smooth (about 1 minute).
- Spoon/pour ice cream into prepared crust and carefully spread it with a silicone spatula into the pie crust, taking care not to pull away the crust as you spread. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze at least 8 hours.
- Once the pie is frozen, it’s ready to cut and serve with room temperature fudge sauce, whipped cream and nuts.
Makes 8 servings.
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Dark Chocolates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, salt and half of the chocolate to a boil. Stir until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla, and remaining chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool sauce to warm before serving.