- 24 Oreos
- 1 pint Haagen-Dazs coffee or vanilla ice cream
- 1 bag (9.5 ounces) Milk Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped lightly salted almonds (optional)
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Carefully open up the Oreos and scrape out the cream filling and discard it.
- Lay Oreo wafers with the inside/bottom side up.
- Using a medium sized spring action cookie scoop, scoop a level scoop of ice cream and deposit it in the center of an Oreo wafer. Repeat with half the wafers so you have 24 scoops on 24 of the wafers.
- Using a spatula or a spoon, slightly flatten the rounded top of each ice cream scoop and then top each one with another Oreo wafer. Press gently to make the sandwich, but be careful not to break the wafer.
- Cover and freeze little sandwiches for at least two hours.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate promises with the vegetable oil. Melt the chocolate only about 2/3 of the way, and then stir to finish melting. If there are pieces that remain unmelted after 3-4 minutes of stirring, return to top of double boiler for a few seconds and stir some more to melt completely.
- Line another pan with wax or parchment paper. Dip a little ice cream sandwich about halfway into the chocolate, using a silicone spatula to help coat up the sides for better coverage. Dip one side and the edge in the chopped nuts, if desired. Set on the clean wax/parchment paper. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Set the pan in the freezer for another hour or so or as long as you can take it, and then enjoy.
- Keep uneaten sandwiches covered and frozen.
Makes 24 little sandwiches