- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella (or omit Nutella and use 1 cup peanut butter)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or other nut)
- 13 whole cracker sheets / or digestives or biscotti
- Grease or line a 7″ x 11″ pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place 6 crackers over the bottom and cut one cracker with a serrated knife to make pieces that will fit into the blank spots.In a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, melt together 2 cups of chocolate chips, peanut butter, and Nutella. Stir until smooth.Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows and nuts.
- Spread mixture over crackers. Cover with a layer of crackers, again cutting the extra cracker to make smaller pieces to fit into blank spots. Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator overnight. When chilled, lift out of pan by the paper and cut with a serrated knife into four long stripsIn a double boiler, melt 1 1/2 cups of the remaining chocolate chips. Stir until just melted. Remove top of double boiler from the bottom and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup and stir until completely melted. If it seems to take a long time, you can place on the double boiler again for 15-20 seconds to heat a little more.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Carefully spread a thin layer of melted chocolate over every side of each strip of rocky road. Set on wax paper and place in refrigerator to set.
- Once chocolate is set, cut 3/4-inch segments with a serrated knife. Store in an airtight container. I think it tastes best at room temperature.
Makes about 4 dozen pieces.