- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (original recipe calls for just 1 cup milk)
- 1/2 cup butter (approximately), melted
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar; beat in egg. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter/sugar/egg mixture, alternating with the milk and buttermilk. Blend thoroughly, be careful not to over mix.
- Scoop batter into a zip top bag. Snip off a 1/2 inch of one corner and squeeze batter into greased muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake at 190 degrees for about 12-13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While muffins bake, melt butter and get cinnamon sugar ready.
- When muffins are done, turn out onto a baking sheet. Then one at a time, roll tops and sides of muffins, then toss in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen mini muffins.