- 1 pound fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/8 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten until frothy
- 1 1/2 cup fat free milk
- In a medium saucepan, add the peaches, brown sugar, water and cinnamon and bring to a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has started to get thick and the liquid is syrupy.
- Mix dry ingredients in a batter bowl with a whisk until incorporated well.
- Add the applesauce, egg whites and milk and stir until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Preheat your griddle and using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter onto the hot griddle. Top with sliced bananas and cook until the bottoms are golden and then flip.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!