- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, or Dark Chocolate finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Sift cocoa powder into a medium bowl. Stir in almond flour using a wire whisk.
- Cream butter and sugar until very light, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add salt and baking soda and beat until incorporated. Mix in cocoa and almond flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about two tablespoon mounds onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or use a medium sized cookie scoop), placing about an inch and a half apart. Gently smoosh dough to make almost 1/2-inch thick disks.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until puffed and cracked.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Makes about 28 cookies.