- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Kahula
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together with a stand mixer or hand mixer until incorporated well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- For Cupcakes: fill muffin tin lined with papers to 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For Cake: spray the pan with cooking spray (no flour) and bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with frosting or top with powdered sugar and fresh berries.
Note: I used a can of Cream Cheese Frosting and added 4 drops of neon purple to half of it and 7 drops of neon purple to the other half. Put half of each colored frosting mixture on each side of the pastry bag so that when you extract it, you will have a mixture of both colors. Use Wilton tip # 224.