- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I used half white, half light brown)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (divided)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir in one cup of the walnuts; set aside.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a medium bowl and rub with fingers until it’s crumbly and butter is all mixed in. Stir in the other 1/2 cup of walnuts. Set aside
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans. Top each muffin with a couple of tablespoons of nutty streusel.
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.