- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons *pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4-ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat to 180 degrees C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter and mix with a hand mixer until light and creamy, about 3 minutes; add egg and the vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just combined; fold in the oats, carrots, raisins, and pineapple.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches between cookies; bake 12 to15 minutes, or until slightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cookies are cool, frost with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
For the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla until mixed; add the confectioners’ sugar slowly until mixed; slowly stir in the cinnamon.
- *If you do not have pumpkin pie spice on hand, simply substitute the following: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.