- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free or light strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp fat free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190. Line a muffin tin with papers and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In another bowl add the yogurt, butter, milk and egg and whisk to combine. Pour into the well in the flour mixture and using a scraper/spatula, lightly mix the wet into the dry until just combined.
- Drop one tablespoon of batter into the prepared muffin cups and top with 1 teaspoon of jam. Top evenly with the remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 tbsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the tops of each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until centers are done. Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Note: you could change this recipe by adding different flavored yogurts and jam. Blueberry or Blackberry would be outstanding.