- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried papaya
- 1 cup banana chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla; beat until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Add oats, almonds, seeds, coconut, raisins or currants, mango, and papaya, and beat to combine.
- Form dough into 8 cookies (using 1 cup each) or 16 cookies (using 1/2 cup each), and place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Top with banana chips. Bake until golden and firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.