- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 1/2 ounces), divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- To prepare dough, dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Gradually stir yeast mixture into sour cream mixture. Lightly spoon 2 1/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour to sour cream mixture, stirring to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (30°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- To prepare filling, combine brown sugar, rind, and cardamom. Divide dough into two equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time, roll dough into a 12 x 10–inch rectangle; brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle half of filling over dough. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Repeat procedure with remaining dough, 1 tablespoon butter, and filling. Cut each roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, in a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Uncover dough. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.