Yields about 18 cookies
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing well. Stir in baking powder and cornmeal. The batter will be very thick. Add 2-3 tablespoons water to smooth out the batter.
- Form tablespoon-sized balls and roll cookie dough in sugar. Place cookies on a baking sheet and flatten. Press a fork into the top to create decorative patterns. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 5-10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies will be very fragile and need to cool down before they can be moved.