- 1/4 C canola oil
- 4-6 Tbsp. honey, depending on how sweet you like it
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom (1 1/2 if you love it like I do!)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 C gluten rolled oats
- 1/2 C finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 C finely chopped prunes or dried pears
- 3/4 C raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, chopped brazil, pecan, or a mixture)
- 2 Tbsp. flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Zest of one large orange
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. (You can make this recipe raw if you have a food dehydrator, just set the temp on low and let it dry for a couple days)
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, orange juice, salt and cardamom. Heat on low and stir well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until well mixed.
- Dump the whole lot out onto the parchment paper and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once about midway through cooking.