makes ~24 regular sized cupcake
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Guinness
- 1/2 cup chocolate pudding (or milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbspn vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tspn baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, flour, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine Guinness, pudding (milk), oil, and vanilla.
- Beat eggs into wet ingredients one at a time. Mix in sour cream.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake pans (or make sure to butter your pans if they are not lined), about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes if making regular sized cupcakes and 15-18 minutes if making mini sized ones. Allow to cool before removing from tins.
Mascarpone cheese frosting
- 1/2 lb. mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Place all ingredients in an electric mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium high until soft peaks form. Do not overmix! Use immediately.