makes 6-8 mini bundt cakes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbspn meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/4 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 13 Tbspn butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbspn meyer lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour mini bundt molds. Set aside.
- Whisk to combine the milk, lemon juice, and honey. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and lemon zest and mix for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Beat in the flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the milk and honey mixture. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into prepared molds. Bake for 25-35 minutes until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out cleanly.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the cakes from the molds. Glaze warm cakes using recipe below.
- 6 Tbspn hot water
- 4 Tbpsn dried chamomile blossoms
- 3/4 cup (150gr) fine granulated sugar (not powdered)
- Pour the hot water over the chamomile blossoms. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chamomile blossoms, and stir the sugar into the liquid until thoroughly combined.
- Glaze the cakes. Let dry completely before serving.
Note: if you don’t have chamomile on hand, you can substitute lemon juice for the chamomile tea and make a lemon glaze for the cakes instead.