(Makes about 3 cups)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips(optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, oats, syrup, peanut butter, oil, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until evenly mixed.
- Spread the oats out in a thin layer on a non-stick baking surface.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, breaking up the oats into clusters about 20 minutes into baking.
- When the clusters are golden and firm, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Once the granola has cooled, add chocolate chips or nuts if using. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator when not eating.