makes about ~36 mini cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs/digestive biscuits
- 1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn ground nutmeg, cloves, or allspice
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mixture will be crumbly, but when pressed between your fingers will stick together.
- Press the crumb into your cheesecake mold, using a flat bottom to press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides a little. (I found that about a Tbspn of crust was sufficient in these mini cheesecake molds, and I used the end of a small rolling pin to press the crumb down.)
- Put the pan in the freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake filling
Have all filling ingredients at room temperature.
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 16oz. sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 2 tspn lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy with mixer on low throughout.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, vanilla, lemon juice, and mix.
- Add sour cream and beat well.
- Pour the filling into your spring form pan.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Do not remove from oven! Turn the oven off, prop open the oven door ~ an inch or two, and leave for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, let cool in the fridge for 24 hours to season.
Pomegranate Basil Vodka Reduction
makes enough for one squeeze bottle, but you really only need half a squeeze bottles for 36 mini cheesecakes.
- 1 bottle fresh Pomegranate juice
- 1 large pomegranate, seeded
- a handful of large basil leaves
- ~1/3 cup vodka
- 1/4-1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/3 cup cornstarch
- empty teabags or cheesecloth with string
- Shred basil leaves and stuff into teabag or cheesecloth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine juice, pomegranate seeds, prepared basil bag, vodka, sugar and cornstarch. Whisk often to break up the cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about a minute. If the mixture is too runny still, simmer and reduce some of the liquid until desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into a squeeze bottle with a large opening in the nozzle (large enough for pomegranate seeds to pass through). When mixture is cool, squeeze onto prepared cheesecakes.