- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons for the topping
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices Texas Toast, cubed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the applesauce. eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, milk and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Add the bread cubes and toss lightly to coat. Allow to sit for a few minutes. Add to prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top. Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes, or until the center is set and the pudding has puffed. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- To a small bowl add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and stir to combine. Drizzle over the warm bread pudding and serve immediately.