- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Stir and cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture JUST to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in crisp rice cereal.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in and smooth the top with a silicone spatula (or well-buttered fingers/hands).
- Place butterscotch and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for about 40 seconds. Stir. Heat again for 20 seconds. Stir. Once chips are 3/4 of the way melted, keep stirring until completely melted. Place back in microwave 10 seconds at a time, if needed. Be careful not to overcook. If you keep stirring, they’ll melt.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the crispies mixture in the pan. Allow bars to cool until chocolate is set. Cut into squares or rectangles.
Makes 21-24 bars, depending on how you cut them
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 1 3/4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup of tightly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream (not ultra-pasteurized)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Toasted pecans, for finish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- CRUST: Melt butter in microwave-safe medium-sized bowl and then add the remaining crust ingredients and toss together with a spoon. Press cookie crumb crust down flat into a 9-inch spring-form pan and set aside.
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined, trying not to overbeat, which can cause excessive cracks upon baking.
- Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- BUTTERSCOTCH: In a heavy bottomed stainless steel 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over low to medium heat. Just before butter is melted, add brown sugar and stir until it looks like wet sand.
- Stir infrequently until mixture goes from looking grainy to molten lava. Stir in the corners of the pot making sure not to miss any sugar and watch carefully as the mixture changes. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once sugar is liquefied, add all the cream and whisk mixture together thoroughly. Lower heat a little and whisk more. When liquid is uniform, turn heat back to medium and whisk every few minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
- After liquid has been boiling on the stove for its 10 minutes, turn heat off and let rest for about five minutes and then pour into center of chilled cheesecake, top with toasted pecans and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.