- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix together corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Stir and cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts. Bring mixture JUST to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in crisp rice cereal.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in and smooth the top with a silicone spatula (or well-buttered fingers/hands).
- Place butterscotch and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for about 40 seconds. Stir. Heat again for 20 seconds. Stir. Once chips are 3/4 of the way melted, keep stirring until completely melted. Place back in microwave 10 seconds at a time, if needed. Be careful not to overcook. If you keep stirring, they’ll melt.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the crispies mixture in the pan. Allow bars to cool until chocolate is set. Cut into squares or rectangles.
Makes 21-24 bars, depending on how you cut them