Taking the Pecan Tart a step further and what’s the best thing to use? Of course Chocolate.
Below you will find 2 versions one with just Chocolate & Maple Syrup and the second version is with Bourbon. Choose whichever you prefer 🙂
CHOCOLATE PECAN TART & MAPLE SYRUP
- 375g pack shortcrust pastry (might be easier than making your own pastry)
- a little flour, for dusting
- 185g dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate if you like it sweet!
- 50g salted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200ml maple syrup
- 200g whole pecan nuts
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Fill the tart with baking paper and baking beans, bake for 25 mins, then remove the baking paper and beans. Continue to cook for 10 mins more until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and maple syrup together, then stir into the chocolate with most of the nuts.
- Pour into the tart shell, top with the remaining nuts and bake for 30-40 mins until set.
- Cool and serve with vanilla ice cream or double cream.
BOURBON-PECAN TART WITH CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 (425g) package refrigerated shortcrust pastry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 ounce/15g bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or more)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in pecans.
- Roll dough into a 13-inch circle; fit into a 20-22cm removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Trim excess crust using a sharp knife. Spoon sugar mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 180° for 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or melt over bain-marie. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over tart.